Saturday, August 13, 2011

Kirsten & Evan's Wedding. Courtenay, Canada.

On July 23 2011 I had the distinct pleasure of photographing Kirsten & Evan's wedding on Vancouver Island. Their vows to each other were some of the most endearing I have ever heard and there were many wet eyes amongst the guests. I loved the blending of cultures evident throughout the days festivities, including an eagle feather woven into the brides bouquet, and drumming during the ceremony to honour Kirsten's Cree heritage. The reception was in the beautiful and newly renovated Native Sun's Hall. Speeches were heart warming, hilarious and honest. Since Kirsten and Evan are both musicians the live music for the evening was diverse and so so good. Congratulations to the newly weds! Best wishes to you both as you set out to Texas to start a new journey together.




























2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love all of these! Well done, Naomi!

    -Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you took some stunning photos of Kirsten & Evan. they are all very beautiful. I love all of them. Kudos for a job well done. Dorothy (Kirsten's Mom)

    ReplyDelete