Monday, December 7, 2009

Hare Krisnas visit from the West. Kerala, India.

The sound of drumming and distant chanting could be heard at a distance from the room this morning. As the music came nearer it became clear that this was a familiar tune to my ears. I suddenly felt transported to Commercial Dr where "Hare, Hare Krishna" can often be heard chanted in the streets. Sure enough some Western Hare Krishnas hailing from America stopped in front of our homestay. Many locals took to the streets to see what these curious men were doing. I snapped some photos as they tried to sell me and the locals yoga books in order to support their travels of India. I can't help but wonder why Indians would want to support these wanderers, who likely have more money than they do. Oh Westerners and their antics.



No comments:

Post a Comment